Thursday, May 21, 2015

Nursery Reveal

I told myself that I wouldn't buy any baby clothes until after the shower, but decorating the nursery was what I got to indulge in. I started buying things literally a day or two after finding out we were having a girl. I really didn't need to buy too much though.



The oak furniture was gifted to us when we moved in. At the time I really didn't want any more hand-me-down furniture, but this set was so nice that we couldn't pass it up. We've had it in our bedroom ever since, but I've always envisioned it to be moved to the nursery. It's kind of whimsical in a sense. Our bedroom can handle bigger pieces of furniture and is designed in a more contemporary style, so a move always made sense to me.

We have a dresser with mirror attachment, chest, and two nightstands. We didn't quite need all of it in here, but there are so many opportunities for storage!! But hey, kids have a lot of stuff :)



The one bump in the road was that the set obviously didn't have a matching crib. I'm not set on having everything match exactly, but it was going to be tricky to get something that "went" with all the pieces. Oak cribs are hard to come by these days! I found this crib on Pinterest like a year ago, but it turned out to be tricky to order when it came time to buy, and there were no other options that I thought would work. We ended up getting it from a Lowe's affiliate store (ATG). It's not 100% matchy but goes just fine. I actually kind of prefer it this way. It will transition to a toddler bed, day bed, or headboard/footboard for a double bed.



The glider is KACY brand purchased through Babies R Us. It ended up being one of those online purchases that we crossed our fingers and hoped for the best - it ended up being perfect. It is a comfy glider with lots of support, and I love that the color can go with either gray or brown tones. Definitely a good buy.



As far as the decor items, the artwork was actually made at my bachelorette craft party. I had seen something like it on Pinterest and it turned out to be something I'd actually use. The colors from these canvases actually inspired the whole room (yes, they need a few touch ups). The poms and lanterns I got from Etsy. I wanted several so they looked substantial enough. I really like how it turned out. Pretty much everything else I got from Pottery Barn Kids. In the past I have run into problems matching colors when I buy things from different places. And they had things that I liked and wanted. The curtains, crib sheet, pink basket, heart pillow, and ikat pillow are all PB. The purple bins are RiverRidge Kids bins I got from Amazon.





The two wooden frames were actually purchased at Pier 1 probably 2 years ago. I got them because they matched the furniture set pretty well, but never ended up getting around to hanging them. It's perfect because they are lined with burlap fabric which goes with everything in here.  The printables are quotes from Winnie the Pooh that I just made on my computer. I couldn't find any printables in colors I liked and I didn't want to spend money on them, so I just made some. We also got a wooden letter from Hobby Lobby and sprayed it purple. Baby girl's first initial!



The changing pad was made from hobby lobby fabric and I have some extra if I ever get around to making some pillows.


The layout is functional and the room feels much bigger with furniture actually. I'm happy with the space so far! It has been easier to decorate an entire space at once, unlike the rest of the rooms in our house which we have just slowly pieced things together as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment