Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dresser Refurb

Pinterest makes me think I can make anything pretty. It has gotten me over a fear of "dirty" and used things, but also sometimes gets me a little over my head. Perhaps my DIYing is rubbing off on Andy? After the laundry cabinet refinishing I described here, I wasn't so sure he was going to keep putting up with my wild ideas. But alas, here we are and this time it was all his idea :)

Andy's parents had been storing two dressers they used earlier in their marriage. They were solid wood and well made, but were looking a little sad. They also had several nicks in them and just overall needed a good cleaning.  Honestly, this was Andy's idea and I was all for it! Why have I spent countless hours on Pinterest and various blogs on DIYing not to take advantage of this FREE project? Heck yes.

SO, here are the dressers in their original, dirty state...






See? Not bad, just in need of some lovin'. Although I had absolutely zero to do with this project, I know that Andy wiped everything down, gave it a sanding, painted, and installed hardware. It was a much faster project than the laundry business. Andy's parents actually had bought already painted other pieces in the set black, and had bought hardware to put on these babies, but just never got around to it. We did have to buy a few extra pulls, but it maybe totaled ten dollars. Andy did buy metallic spray paint for the inside pulls that couldn't be replaced, which I will definitely be taking advantage of in future projects. My apologies for the awkward shadows and lighting but here is how these beauties look now...




Ain't bad for maybe twenty bucks, eh? I think they look fabulous and about a thousand percent better than what they were before. Have I mentioned how awesome Andy is? Can't wait to get to using these babies in our master bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment