Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012

Our schedules on Christmas are always crazy. This year was no exception. Even though I take it as a blessing to have so many get togethers during the holidays, it gets pretty hectic.

We started out spending the day with my parents and sisters on Christmas Eve. We got to lounge most of the day and had our usual feast for dinner. My parents are foodies and great cooks, so I always look forward to this! Dinner is followed by gift giving:)






Andy and I got some clothes, DVDs, a crock pot, and some other random things, but the main mama was our KitchenAid mixer (yes!). I'm a vey practical person so I would never spend the money on myself, but it was one thing I've always wanted and had to put on our registry. I can't wait to use it in our new kitchen :)

After gifts, we went to Andy's family church service at 9pm, followed by mine at 10:30pm. We compromise and always go to both. I'm not sure how much longer we can keep that up, but I'm hoping we get twice as much grace:)

Christmas Day started with gifts with Andy's parents and siblings. We got lots of loot, with the highlights being three pieces of luggage, a roaster, and four stools for our kitchen island! Blessed. We had lunch together and lounged for a bit before heading back to my parent's to meet up with my aunts, uncles, and cousins..



This Christmas gathering is always a gift frenzy. Our family goes wild with the gift giving and our mound of presents is always huge. Andy and I got several house items and even more luggage. It went by in a flash.

Back to Andy's parents we went to see his cousins. I enjoy catching up with his family. But a few hours later and it was time to go to the big Gschwendtner Christmas and some more socializing with my family.

Yes, we are crazy. Sometimes I think I am super woman and can do it all. But having such a busy schedule somehow takes away from the holiday. I like to think next year we will cut something out, but I know we would never do that. I just love Christmas! We are so blessed to have so much family to celebrate with and who are also so generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment