Thursday, July 11, 2013

Wedding Anticipation

I wanted to make sure I did a few wedding posts. This post is probably uninteresting to everyone but me, but with a nearly 2 year engagement and the fact that I had been planning my wedding since I was about 2, I can't just let the process pass without doing some serious documentation! I know I'll forget all of this stuff in just a few years. First I'll start with the events leading up to the day...

A few weeks earlier, I had to move out of my apartment in Peoria, leaving me homeless for a bit. I luckily crashed on friends' couches in Peoria during the week, but all of my belongings were in a bit of limbo. I remember moving my clothes and things into Andy and my house on Memorial Day. The week before the wedding, I stayed at our house and just commuted the few days I had to be in Peoria. Thursday was graduation! (Story on that coming soon) It was nice to settle into our house before the wedding, because having to move stuff after returning from our honeymoon in Hawaii would've been torture.

More about the wedding-related stuff..

I had my hair cut, colored, and trialed on Saturday, June 1 - exactly one week before the day. All went well. Most of the month of May was rainy and cold, so I hadn't gotten the natural tan/glow I had planned on having. I had been using tanning products like a maniac trying to make myself appear less pale (I still was pale but oh well). I got a pedicure on Wednesday.

Friday, the day before the wedding was pretty low key. My mom, sisters, Andy, and I went to our reception hall to check out the setup and do the few things we could do to prep. The tables needed a bit of adjusting to get things just right. We also wanted the silverware and napkins a particular way, so we did those ourselves and set them at each setting. We were there about an hour or so, and then I went to get a manicure. (Sidenote: it was really hard for me to find an opening that week!) The rest of the afternoon I sat by my parent's pool and relaxed on the couch while Andy ran around for work.

We ran home, showered, and it was rehearsal time! I got there a bit early to say confession (yay). Andy must've drilled his groomsmen about being early, so they all showed up with plenty of time. At 5:30 pm, we began. I was pretty excited to hear the musicians for the first time. We had an organist and flutist, and a friend of mine from high school who is an opera major did the vocals. They were awesome.

The directions we got were kind of vague, but I left feeling okay. Our marriage license was signed and we were off to Bernardi's for dinner.

My MIL had been in charge, so she had made little bride and groom favors for everyone with our faces stuck on them, filled with chocolates and a purple candy cane...

The dinner was pretty uneventful. Andy and I sat at a table with my bridesmaids and one of his best men. After, we stopped at the reception hall to check things out one last time while the guys got drinks and the girls had our personal tailor, Teri do make some adjustments to their dresses. Time to head to my parents for a surprisingly good night of sleep.. It was time to get married!




No comments:

Post a Comment