Monday, January 6, 2014

Halfway There...

We never used our dining room until recently. We just purchased a dining room table so up until then the room was just an empty space with nothing on the walls. After a long wait, our table came in and we really like it! I am still using my iPhone camera, but will hopefully have a replacement shortly. The best way I can describe the stain of the table is that it matches the lightest grain in the wood floor. Since we ordered it before actually seeing it in person we were a little nervous, but it fits quite well. And I really love the long lines on the back of the chairs. It seats 6 currently but with two leaves on the ends we could add 2 more if needed.




The next thing to do was to find items for the wall. The back wall is pretty big so it's quite a bit of space to fill and I'm really picky about wall art. My mom and I went shopping up north and stumbled upon this beaut. It took some reassurance from my sisters but I brought it home for about $40! A total steal considering how large it is. 


However, when we put it against the wall it looked tiny. We still needed a few other things, so we decided on a few white floating shelves. We picked these up from Menards. 


Now, we had a plan in the beginning but of course nothing works the way we think it's going to. We bought three 3 ft. shelves and decided to stagger them. Once the first two were on the wall we realized three was not going to work (oops). So we just left the two. The asymmetry bothers me and I cannot for the life of me get them styled in a way that I like. But it is an improvement. And I'm telling myself it will take time.  Pretty much everything seen here was from a local home store given to us as wedding gifts. I'll accept any tips on how to make these look better.





But as the title of this post implies, we are only halfway there. In addition to figuring out what the heck to do with those shelves, we still need an oversized rug for beneath the table. I'm also really wanting to get a weekly menu board (I've got my eye on a few from Etsy). I'm going to give myself a heart attack stressing about this crap.




These pictures are god awful. The colors look nothing like this in real life. Now do you see why I never blog??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment