Tuesday, July 29, 2014

All Decked Out

I'm back with an outdoor update. We now have a back deck!


A deck was always something Andy really wanted. I was kind of 'meh' about it because there were things that were higher on my priority list. But it got to be a big hassle not having an outdoor space. We had always planned to pave a patio in summer 2015, but decided we didn't want to go without an outdoor space for that long. So, a deck it was..




It's a bit of a tough space to photograph since it isn't very big - 10' x 12' I believe. It's pretty much the perfect size for the two of us, though - enough to comfortably fit the grill and a little sitting area. We did host my sister's baby shower a few weekends ago and it seemed like more people were able to congregate out there than I thought would be able to. 


Can I get an Amen for not having to grill in the garage anymore? It's so nice to only have to walk 5 steps from the kitchen.


 It took a while for me to find a bistro-type set that I liked as many of them were really small. I also wanted to avoid a glass table because winds get pretty crazy out here. This is a BHG set that I ended up ordering from Walmart (*gasp*). I like that it's fairly large, the chairs rock, and the cushions came with it.


Overall, we are reeeal happy with the way this turned out. We will stain it in the fall to finish it off, but are just happy that this project is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment