Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Master Bedroom

I'm not sure why I've never posted about our master bedroom before. I guess it took me a little while to get things looking a way that I could live with. There have been a few changes over the past year but we've settled into this space quite nicely.

View from the hallway

View from the doorway
 A few things to note about our electrical set-up in here. First of all, Andy has outlets by his nightstand, I do not, hence the extended cord. This is a bother and something I never would've thought to check prior to moving in. Second, the fan is centered in the middle of the room. Since our bed sits off-center because of the window and doorways, the fan is not directly above our bed. It should have lined up with the TV. Which brings me to the next point, the connection to the TV was set high up on the wall so that it could be mounted. This presented a problem because it is SO high. It's like this throughout the rest of the house, too. The outlets are so high that it is awkward to cover them up without looking funky. These are all minor things that I've gotten over, but interesting to point out for those who are building or remodeling.

View to the right of the doorway




The duvet is from West Elm. The headboard we made from a random piece of plywood we had lying around. We just covered it in foam backing and then nailed fabric to it - super easy and non-committal. We didn't want to buy a headboard because eventually we will upgrade to a King bed. And I've already re-covered the headboard once, so it's easy for people who can't make up their minds. I was hoping I'd have extra headboard fabric for a throw pillow but no such luck, still on the hunt for that. I believe the lamps and lamp shades were from Lowe's.


We need a new clock. We also need to unscrew the mounts on the back of the dresser (oops). The mirror is from HomeGoods and is a life saver for getting ready. It also reflects directly on the window so brings in double the light. It's so bright in here in the morning and I love it! This wall needs to be balanced out with something else on the left though..


The left door goes into our master closet, the right door goes into our master bath


Yeah, I need to figure out a place to keep my jewelry other than on top of the dresser..






I'm totally in love with our bedroom furniture. It was gifted to us around the time we got married and initially I was adamant about not taking it.. until I saw the pieces. These babies are super well made, solid wood. They don't really go with the rest of the decor in our room, so will likely be moved to another bedroom once we find a new set that we like, but these babies will be in our family for a long time. Pictures don't really do them justice, but the grain is amazing.


We will probably start loosely searching for a new set soon, but otherwise there are no big updates for this room on the schedule. Eventually I will get some photo frames for the walls, but that is so low on the priority list. I'm pretty content with the way it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment