Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Landscaping

Our yard has been barren for the past year and a half. And it bothered the bajeezus out of me.



It was always our plan to get landscaping done this spring/summer but man, that year long wait was long. I'm so thankful that the wait is now over!


(You may notice we cut down one of the smaller trees - it looks way better this way!) 

We had a landscaper plan and plant everything because Andy and I have an uncanny ability to screw things up. Since landscaping was so important to me I preferred to do it right the first time. My only stipulations were that we plant as many budding plants/flowers as possible, and that we have mulch. Rock may be less maintenance, but it just doesn't do it for me. I like the lush-ness of mulch much better. Andy of course wanted rock and stone edging, so we met in the middle. I couldn't be happier with the finished product.



Those babies are actually cemented into the ground! Thank God we won't have to deal with edging for many, many years.

Viburnum, Hydrangeas, Lilac, and Peach Coral Bells





Hydrangea

A few of the plants looked a little sad when they arrived from the nursery, but that was to be expected since we were planting so late in the season. These babies had only been in the ground for 4 days (at the time I photographed) and have already perked up quite a bit. I think in a week or two we will have very happy plants.


Russian Sage, Patriot Hastas, Sedums, and a Crab Apple Tree




Love me some Russian Sage! And the edging looks pretty sweet in the photo below.




I can't wait for everything to grow and fill out.


Knockout Roses

English Lavender
At first we weren't planning to do all of the perimeter in the back, but we finished the deck so it just made more sense to do it all at once. 


It's mostly bushes - burning bush, boxwoods, spireas, and some more hydrangeas.



It was definitely worth the wait for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment