Saturday, March 31, 2012

Coming Together

I know I am an awful blogger. I like to think that it's because I'm not at the house every day to see the actual process. And I haven't taken a single picture of it because I currently do not have a camera (I probably need one of those, right?). Anyways, all of my info comes through Andy, and I know some things probably get lost in transit, so all I have to go by are his pictures.

Most of the major things are complete. Now the structures for both the house and garage are done and they are starting on the smaller things. They are working on the soffit panels, we got our showers/tubs in yesterday and we even got our first window! From what I understand, upcoming projects include installing all the windows and maybe shingles for the roof. The concrete for the porch still needs to be poured and we have been selecting posts. Here are a few measly pictures..

Front of the house (which is a little outdated but it's the best I can do)


Updated front of garage:


 Close-up of the gables above the porch:


Our first window! It's one from the old house that we are reusing in the garage.


The shower placed in our master bath:



I am kind of confused as to the order of things, but I am getting extremely anxious about starting my part (selecting finishes, paint colors, furnishings, landscaping, and such). We have done a few things, like picking out our showers, but the real fun stuff hasn't started yet! Andy came to visit me this weekend and we have gone to Menard's, Lowe's, and Home Depot in the past 24 hours basically just for fun. We act like old people.

I am hoping to start doing inspiration posts soon. My brain has been going wild this week since my schoolwork has been pretty slow, and I need to find a way to focus my thoughts.  I think blogging more will help me chill out a bit and also just give me something to do. I'm going crazy having such a large to-do list that I can't even start yet!

And on another note, Match Day is TOMORROW. I have been surprising calm about it for the past few weeks. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not, but if things don't go well atleast I've had a few weeks of peace? I have waited for this for four years and I'm in denial that it's actually here. Fingers crossed that I have a big smile on my face at 6pm. I will be sure to post afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment