Friday, February 13, 2015

Appointment: 30 Weeks

My appointment is set for Monday, February 9 at 9:45 am. I arrive a few minutes early, but the bathroom is taken so I can't leave my sample. I head back in a few minutes, but they are out of cups. I let one of the office workers know and they go on a wild goose chase for cups. Finally I can pee!

Jessica calls me back pretty much immediately after. I'm up 15 lb total and blood pressure still holding steady at 100/60. No other symptoms to note for her. She goes over the movement chart with me. Every day from now on I have to document how long it takes to feel 10 distinct movements. No problem. She takes me to an exam room.

I wait for about 1 minute before Dr. Emm comes in. She says results from the glucose test were all good and that I was even a bit on the low side. I figured. Like I said before, no interesting symptoms to review with her. She measures my belly and gets out the Doppler. Heartbeat is 153. Just before she feels me for position, I tell her I think baby is still transverse. It takes her about .5 seconds to tell me that baby's head is down and in good position. I swear the kid had to have changed overnight, because I had been feeling movement on either side of my belly for weeks (and since the appointment it has been much more vertical and closer to the middle). That was really my only concern so I'm all set to come back in 2 weeks. We are nearing the end now that we're up to more frequent appointments!

Next update is set for Tuesday, February 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment