Thursday, October 10, 2013

Guest Bedroom

We have two guest bedrooms. The one closest to our bedroom is our "Monica Closet." We just put everything we don't know what to do with in there on the floor. It will be so fun clearing that out..

The second bedroom is all put together though and can actually function as a guest room!




We originally wanted to use this wall color for our living room but got scared about it being too dark for the space. It is the perfect color for this room.




The black furniture was refinished by Andy originally for our master bedroom. After a few months using it, we realized it was not very functional at all. It has cabinet doors in front of the drawers and just isn't practical for everyday use. In June we were given a furniture set, so we decided to put that in our room and down the hall these went. Aesthetically they look well in the room and are fine for guests to use if need be, but once this room is in full time use we will definitely be purchasing new dressers. I've already decided on the white Hemnes dresser from Ikea.



Andy's parents had collected several beds over the years so they let us have one. I just put the bedding I used throughout college in here since it's cute and in good condition. The zig zag canvas was made by my best friend/MOH at my bachelorette party. It just happens to go perfectly with the comforter. I would put more things on the walls if this room were ever used, but it's not.


The closets are awesome. Right now I'm using it as my gift center/craft closet. It's all pretty organized and I can get to everything I need easily. I've developed quite a stock of supplies (boxes, wrapping paper, tissue paper, bags) from the wedding/wedding showers.



Not bad for a guest room that we spent zero dollars on.

No comments:

Post a Comment