Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Master Bath

It never occured to me to show our master bathroom. It's been "done" for a while. Here it is!

Someone really needs to give me a lesson on taking pictures of rooms with my iPhone.. ugh.


Here is the view from our master bedroom. This photo makes the room look dumb. We knew we wanted a light blue bathroom. In the house I rented last year, the bathroom was a very very pale light blue and I loved it. Andy wanted more of a bright turqoise, so we met somewhere in the middle. It works.


We are lucky to have a very spacious vanity - I couldn't figure out a good way to get it all in one shot head on. Everything to the left of the sink is my space (some shared), and everything to the right is Andy's. People are always surprised that we only put one sink in, but honestly we don't need two. If we did we would have virtually no counter space. Plus we are very rarely in the bathroom at the same time.


I love my upper cabinet. I can be so organized with it.


We were lucky to find LOADS of mason jars in a few of Andy's sheds/barns. I gave them a good washing and now have them here and there around the house. We ditched our traditional toothbrush holder - the jar is just as functional and much more attractive. I keep cotton balls in one and Q tips in the smallest jar. The flowers I got from Hobby Lobby. I'm thinking I'll fill the bottom of this one with some rocks or something,


Honestly the countertop looks like this most of the time. I hate things being out and since we have plenty of storage space, there is no need for things to be sitting out. However, we are still on the hunt for a place to hang the hand towel. We could put it to the right of the mirror but that is a little too close to the toilet for me.. any suggestions?


Boring corner. Down the road it would be nice to put in a tall cabinet for towels and the laundry basket to stay.


We have a fairly spacious standard walk in shower with a seat.


This space is opposite of the vanity and is as deep as the shower. We wanted to save this space in case we put in a free standing tub at some point. 

To Do (for now):

-Hang hand towel bar
-Get two floor mats that actually match
-Wall art/decorative shelves


No comments:

Post a Comment