Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Eckhoffs Do Disney 2015: Part 3

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Back to the Magic Kingdom for a jam packed day-o-fun! We started our day bright and early and arrived at the park with plenty of time for the morning show, which I'm pretty sure started somewhere around 8:40 am. It was a bit chilly at this time, but the sun was shining and it warmed up pretty quickly.


After entering the park, we stopped in front of the castle to get a few pictures over with. That worked out well and then we all headed to Fantasyland to do Peter Pan's Flight. The line was moving pretty briskly, so we got on fast. Then we bounced over to It's A Small World. At this point, we split up. I stayed with Landry, while Taryn and Barrett did the Carousel about a thousand times in a row. Everyone else went to use their Big Thunder FP+, I believe.


Next up was the teacups. I didn't do this one. Then we split up again while some went on Space Mountain and the others went to do Buzz -both with FP+. Then we went back toward Dumbo. It was a bit of a wait, but Dumbo never disappoints. Then we went to see Goofy and Donald. Character meet and greets were a hoot with B.


Afterward, I ran back to Main Street to get a few baby goodies, while the others used their Mine Train FP+. The Emporium had a much better selection than AK, but I was still a bit disappointed. I got what I needed and ran back over to meet the rest of the group at Little Mermaid. This was a quick ride which I quite enjoyed. Then we strolled over to Be Our Guest for lunch.

We got in line, ordered at the kiosks, and found a table in what I believe is the Rose Room? It was nice and quiet in here with comfortable seating. Our food came probably within 10 minutes and I don't think any of us were disappointed. I got the braised pork with green beans and mashed potatoes and it was easily the best counter service meal I had the whole trip. I don't remember what Andy got (the ham and cheese sandwich?) but we split the triple chocolate cupcake which I would also recommend. Overall, two thumbs up for sure. We will be going back there.

At this point, Saxtons and Tissieres were going back to the hotel for afternoon rest time. I wasn't quite ready, so Andy and I stayed at the park with my parents. The four of us went over to do Pirates of the Caribbean. The wait was probably 25 minutes, but went quickly. Then we hopped over to Jungle Cruise, for probably a good half hour wait. I must say I am usually not a fan of this cheesy ride, but we actually had a great skipper (Nicolas - must've been good if I still remember his name). I actually laughed at the jokes when I normally just eye roll.

At this point it was probably 2:30 and I was ready to go. My parents were leaving to head back to Marco so we walked out with them to head to the bus. At this point, the details get a bit fuzzy but I will do my best to remember. After a bit of a rest, we met back up with my sisters to head back to MK at what I assume was 5:30ish pm.


We meet Tink right near the park entrance. If I remember correctly, this was Barrett's first meet and greet with a face character and he was so shy! He had been such a good sport with all of the costume characters, but it was a bit cute to see him blush. Then, we all decide to take the train from the Main Street stop over to Fantasyland. I actually don't think I've ever done this before, but it was quite relaxing since it was getting to be dusk.

We got off and decide to head over to the Peoplemover. This zippy ride was also quite relaxing, especially since it's fairly long and you have a good view. The dance party is hoppin' with the Incredibles characters, so we watch from afar. Then Barrett gets treated to a bubble machine and we head back toward Main Street since it's nearing show time.

We missed the lighting of the castle by Anna and Elsa but oh well. It's a little hectic, but most of us treat ourselves to ice cream. I got a kid's mint chocolate chip cone, which is not a choice I would ever make, but it looked good. Then we make our way to the street to snag a spot. Celebrate the Magic begins around 8:45 (cool, but I still prefer Magic, Memories, and Me), followed at 9 by of course, Wishes.


Afterward it's a mad dash to the exit and we all get separated but somehow meet back up on the way. Time for bed and our last day at the Happiest Place on Earth!


Thursday, January 8, 2015

After packing up the room and leaving bags with the bell people, we get to Magic Kingdom around 9 am opening. It is quite brisk outside. I believe Tissieres were shopping for souvenirs, but we meet up in the lobby to meet Mickey. The wait time doubles within 5 minutes, so we opt out.

We head over to Frontierland so the others can do Pirates. I run to buy Barrett diapers and go to pee and finish just as they are exiting. I think Andy and Eric went to use FP+ for Big Thunder or something. Allyson and I watch Tissieres as they ride Aladdin's carpet - it's still freezing.

We take the back way over to Fantasyland and decide to see Philharmagic. I think Tissieres do the Carousel a few times. Afterward, we have FP+ for Cinderella and Punzel! Another shy meet and greet and then we head toward the Plaza for a 11:10 lunch reservation. On the way we stop to dance with the move-it, shake-it parade which we have seen probably 5 times before, but actually participate in this time. The restaurant atmosphere is nice and not too loud or busy.  I got a veggie sandwich with cheese, veggies, hummus, and pesto which is decent for a veggie sandwich.
























Afterward we head back over to Fantasyland to meet Anna and Elsa! I go first to try to get Barrett to warm up, but he's still shy. Tissieres make their way to the car to start their drive home. Andy and Eric try to do Buzz. Allyson and I go to the baby center to feed Landry. They manage to do Buzz after a wait and try to use FP+ for Space, but the machine is messed up and won't let them in. Andy gets a hot dog somewhere in there, too.

At this point, the rest of us are ready to go so we make our way to the bus stop a little before 2. We decide to go over to Downtown Disney since we have all afternoon and can't get in our rooms anyway. This is where things start to fall apart...

We decide to get on a bus to Saratoga Springs and then take a boat to Downtown. The wait time for the bus is one of the longest we had all week. Even as we enter, it takes 10 minutes to load a few wheelchair people. Curses! When we make it to Saratoga Springs, a Downtown Disney bus pulls up. But, we had planned to take a boat so we search for the dock. When we find it, we see a sign saying the boats aren't running today (I assume because it's cold). Luckily we can at least see Downtown, we just have to walk a long way to get there. And of course the bus stop to get back to Old Key West is on the opposite end. We don't have time to do much at this point, but head into a treat shop.

Thankfully the wait for the bus from Downtown Disney back to OKW is short. We get back to the hotel around 3:45 and hang in the lobby. It leaves us enough time to change clothes, charge electronics, etc. The Magical Express arrives just before 5. We make a stop at Saratoga Springs for more passengers and then to the airport. We don't need to check baggage, so we go straight to the food court for various McDonald's, Chik-Fil-A, and chinese. Security is another quick process and we are at our gate with just a short wait till boarding time... until we find out our flight is delayed (pushed back from 7:50 to 8:30 pm). There is a snow storm happening at home so we are just thankful to be making it out at all. We get in the air and it's a calm flight. They were able to make up most of the time in the air, which was splendid. We land around 10 pm Illinois time. The boys head to the car since it's a frozen tundra, while Allyson, Landry, and I wait for the bags. It times out perfectly that the bags come just before the boys arrive with the car.

The drive home is slow because the roads are slushy. We see several cars in ditches, but make it to town around 1 am. Another trip in the books!

Andy and I probably won't make it back to Disney for another 5 years or so, but it's crazy to think how different it will be to have a kid of our own to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment