Sunday, November 23, 2014

4-8 Weeks


Written Saturday, September 6, 2014: 8 weeks



Although the first few weeks after finding out when by very slowly, time seems to be picking up, which I’m quite thankful for.  Since harvest will definitely be under way by the 19th (day of the my first scheduled appointment), I called and rescheduled to Friday, September 12 when I will be 9 weeks. I’m grateful it will be one less week to wait, and also grateful that Andy should have no problems being there.

I’m still pretty much in denial. We talk about my being pregnant, but I forget most of the time and feel like my normal self. At this point, I’ve almost convinced myself that we’ll go to the appointment and they’ll tell us it was just a joke. I’m probably putting too much stress on myself worrying about a healthy heartbeat.

I have had no morning sickness to speak of. Since neither of my sisters were sick I shouldn’t be surprised or worried, but it’s just one of those things. Food doesn’t always appeal to me, but it could be much worse. I know I’m not eating enough because of it, but I also don’t eat very much typically. Chicken is off the table, and I’m definitely queasier the longer I go without eating, but for the most part I’m fine. I did make Andy run into DQ to get me a chicken strip basket and when he came home I had to force myself to eat half of it. Food seems to sound good until it’s in front of me. And I have no urge to cook.

The cooking thing is really due to the exhaustion.  Cleaning isn’t happening either – our house is actually kind of gross sometimes because I’m doing the bare minimum. The past few weeks have been rough, because all I want to do is nothing. Sometimes I think I won’t make it home from work, I’m just so tired. The other night I walked in the house and immediately went to bed (it was 5:30). Since we’ve had such great summer weather, I’d gotten into the habit of walking a 1-1.5 mile loop around my building at work during my lunch break. That has stopped and been exchanged for naps in my car.

I had pretty consistent cramps and sore boobs from weeks 4 to 7, but those have stopped pretty much entirely. At week 7 I thought I could see a semblance of a bump forming, but nothing anyone else would notice. I haven’t gained any weight and my clothes fit the same. This is a good thing I guess, since we don’t plan on spilling the beans anytime soon.

Speaking of that, I have had absolutely no urge to share the news. It has been so easy, probably because we haven’t gotten confirmation of the heartbeat yet and I still feel like we’re playing house. It was kind of ironic that a few weeks ago my sister Taryn announced her pregnancy and will be due 2.5 weeks before me. It’s just funny that all 3 of us sisters are pregnant and will have kids in the same class at school, yet Andy and I are the only ones who know. It is kind of fun to have your own secret. We’ve even continued to get the “when are you having babies” comments and have refrained from giving anything away. Actually, that gives me more motivation to wait as long as possible to share the news. Maybe that makes me a bad person.

However, I am actually most excited about telling my work. It actually is a secret that I don’t like my job and I can’t wait to stay at home. I pretty much hate it so much that there will be no way that I could stay until my due date, so I’ve been daydreaming about when to just do it already. At the moment, I think I’ll give notice after my third appointment and work until the holidays in December. I’ll probably talk myself into sticking it out longer, but 3 months seems like a long enough wait from now to then that I hope I have the guts to just get it over with. The want and need for me to work is at about a zero, so why torture myself? I know Andy will appreciate not hearing me talk about it.

My apologies for the photo quality. Andy cannot operate a camera to save his life and I'm no photo editor.

4 Weeks                                                                                                            8 Weeks



We have six more days until I can relax a little about this kid’s health status. Let’s hope it’s a fast week and we get good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment