Saturday, November 29, 2014

Appointment: 18 weeks, 3 days


Written Saturday, November 22, 2014: 19 weeks

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Today was supposed to be the big 20 week ultrasound day, but the office called me to reschedule until after I hit the 20 week mark. I will admit I was pretty bummed, but I was surprised they had let me schedule the ultrasound that early anyway…It ended up just being a quick check-in with the doc.

The appointment was set for 8:55am, but Andy and I were early and arrived around 8:45. I left my sample and got called back probably around ten till 9. Per usual, I was weighed (I think I’m up 4 pounds at this point?), asked questions about symptoms, and my blood pressure was taken (still holding at the 100/60 mark).

We went to another new exam room and waited for probably 5-10 minutes. She came in and asked how things were going. I obviously explained I had been in a car accident and had a few other questions for her. The reason why I like her so much is she doesn’t belittle any concerns I have but is still really laid-back and eases my fears. I don’t think I’m a needy patient, but she is really good with bedside manner.  Even Andy mentioned that he felt better after we left.

She said I shouldn’t have any reason to be concerned about anything. She got out the Doppler and right away heard action. She said that he/she was really moving in there because she could hear it! Heartbeat seems to be holding steady at 160 BPM.  I had to pee again, and we were out of there by 9:10!

I’ve said this before, but for real, 2 weeks until the big ultrasound! I am pretty anxious to find out the gender so I can start buying all the nursery stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment