Saturday, November 29, 2014

8-12 Weeks


Written Sunday, October 5, 2014: 12 weeks, 1 day

We’ve made it through the first trimester! Things are moving at a good pace, that I really can’t complain.


I’m feeling good. I was starting to wonder when I would start to feel like my normal self with any energy, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. This week I actually made dinner a few times and washed dishes on a daily basis. The laundry and cleaning are pretty much caught up too! Once I hit the couch, I pretty much don’t move and I’m still falling asleep well before 10, but that is a good routine to have. I feel well rested in the morning and have been waking on my own. But seriously, I don’t know how anyone makes it through that level of tiredness when they already have one or more children to care for.

My appetite has returned to normal. I’d almost venture to say my appetite is great. I’m not really having cravings currently, but my foods of choice the past few months have been of the convenient variety. I can count on my hands how many bags of “junk” or snack foods I’ve purchased since we’ve been married, and about 90% of them have been since my pregnancy. I’ve even been buying frozen Healthy Choice to take to work because I’ve been lazy about packing and nothing sounds good. Good thing that phase is ending. All I want is a cold turkey sandwich. Curse you, listeria! That will be harder for me to continue without than alcohol could ever be.

Andy and I aren’t super social people to begin with but we seem to be leaving the house minimally lately. For the most part, I was too tired to be motivated to do much. Now that I am getting that energy back, it’s still a routine we are sticking with. It seems that anytime we see people, we get asked about when we will have kids already. I will never understand why this is an okay question to ask and would like to avoid it completely, even if I have to become a hermit to do it.  The range of people asking us seems to be growing and conversations about it go more extensively than they did before. If you have family or friends that talk about your sex life in front of you (or not in front of you), I’m sorry. I feel your pain. I’m not sure what people expect us to say. 

But I’m still not budging on sharing the news. I like being the only ones to know. I’m pretty sure the people that are closest to me have an idea that’s something is going on anyway. I could talk about this for days…

As far as my physical appearance, I am noticing some changes. I wake up in the morning with essentially no bump, but by the time I go to bed it can be outrageous sometimes. I don’t wear tight clothes, so no one other than me can tell. From the front and sides I look completely normal, but when I look down at my belly I see a definite difference. We have 7.5 weeks to go till Thanksgiving, which is our goal for sharing the news (we will be a few days shy of 20 weeks), so I don’t think we will have a huge issues keeping it until then by looking at my bump progress so far. We’ll see how it goes.

Our next appointment is in just over 2 weeks. The appointment after that we will find out if this kid is a boy or girl! So crazy!! At some point I’ll get around to doing a gender myths post, probably just before that appointment.  My gut still says girl. Andy is sticking with boy.

               8 weeks                                                                          13 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment