Friday, November 7, 2014

Nashville 2014: Part 2

Yes, I'm still alive. I forgot I hadn't posted this, so in case you need a recap here is Part 1

We ended up napping a solid 2 hours on Saturday and didn't wake until close to 7 pm. We had scoped out a place to eat, so the boys woke everyone up and went to put our names in while Sylvia and I got dressed and ready.

The wait time for Puckett's restaurant was 2 hours so the rest of the family decided to try to find something shorter. Since it was Saturday night in downtown Nashville, of course wait times were going to be long everywhere. We ended up waiting the same amount of time at Rock Bottom. We ended up sitting down to eat at like 9:30. 


We got loaded nachos to start, which was good because service was slow. I got some type of fish tacos, but they were cold so I ended up not eating much of them. After dinner, Eric, Sylvia, Andy and I went out for a while. We listened to a set by the Travis Mann band at some whole in the wall place, which reminded me of Elvis. Afterward we went to try out Coyote Ugly. What a disappointment and a waste of time (and $5 cover for the guys). We were there for less than ten minutes before walking back to the hotel around midnight. 


The next day, I met Andy's parents, Eric, and Sylvia for breakfast at the Frothy Monkey. I got a simple breakfast of a bagel and fruit (pretty hard to screw up) but it was good and the place was cute. I would go back.

We planned to leave the hotel at 10 to go tour the Ryman. We saw a short video and got to tour part of it at our own pace. Since it's basically a museum, this was right up my alley. I might've taken the longest since I actually read plaques and signs. We also did the backstage guided tour, which was interesting. 


Afterward  it was probably 12:30, so we split up to grab a snack/lunch. Andy and I grabbed jimmy johns and met up with everyone at the Country Music Hall of Fame at 1:30. This was again right up my alley and I tried to take my time. Andy was actually quite patient with me considering he is not into this stuff. It took a few hours and by the time we got to the end (which obviously had the more recent famous singers who I'm most familiar with) I was tired. We unfortunately went through the last room a bit quickly, but again it was interesting to me at least. 

At this point it was probably 4pm on Sunday. We took time to go in all the boot stores on Broadway, and Andy got himself a nice pair. We stopped in a few boutiques, but I wasn't interested in anything, so we went back to the hotel for a short rest before dinner at Puckett's. It was more BBQ type place, so I got a salad and pulled pork sandwich - pretty good. The atmosphere was good and of course there was live music. Afterward we went to Tootsie's, then another bar to hear the Gin Blossoms (hey, jealousy). They played well but we only stayed for a few songs before going to Honky Tonk Central. I didn't care for the performers there as much and was really ready to sleep. We still stayed out till close to midnight.

Monday morning, we woke and met in the lobby where a few were eating breakfast before hitting the road around 10. We killed time by playing a 4 person game of monopoly on the iPad but it seemed to take forever. We were really cramped and hungry by the time we got to BWW in Effingham around 3. That queso and wings were a life saver. We pulled into our house around 6 pm. It felt good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment